Our Little Prince

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 28, 2010

It is almost surreal. 3 weeks ago I gave birth to baby Asher. I can still recall vividly how it all started. From my contractions at 3am, to the hosiptal at about 530am to waiting... and waiting... and waiting... till at 1739.. tada! I finally get to see my darling boy after 39 weeks!
When he was put in my arms and as he lie beside me, the moment was to die for. I have never experience and felt for anyone or anything so strongly like this in my life ever. I savour and till now relish every moment of that. Childbirth experience though tough, is amazing. He is perfect in my eyes.

When I thought the whole pregnant experience is "finally"over, then comes the part II. Confinement.
My first 2 weeks dragged past. It was a horrid horrid experience. I faced many challenges with bfeeding. On top of this, my body was crumbling away. It was painful for me physically, emotionally and mentally, yet I want so badly to give him the best. I flooded my bed with tears I couldnt control each day. Yeah perhaps I could blame it on the hormones? The motherhood instincts kicked in without any warning and I faced a dilemma I have yet to resolve within myself. I tried so hard. Once, twice, thrice..... many times over till I grew so weary and almost suffered post natal depression. Almost. Thank God it cleared from 3rd week onwards. I am still persevering. Each day as I watch him feed and thriving, thats my motivation. God knows I will tahan till when.

My physical health is improving... certainly something to rejoice about. I will go on occasional short grocery shopping with dar to keep my sanity and lift my spirits up. And as I regain my strength each day, I am able to spend more bonding time with asher, watching auntie bathe him, feeding him occasionally and rocking him to sleep. I feel more adequate as a mommy now, though the challenges are still aplenty, Asher is my greatest source of motivation and inspiration. I am currently learning how to interpret his cries and meet his needs and wants. I still have one week more to go, before the confinement is over. Certainly, I have come a long way. His one month milestone is also mine.

No comments: