Our Little Prince

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 01, 2009

My baby is 7 weeks old. I've seen a gynae, Dr Adrian Tan recommended by my cell leader. He's very chatty, very friendly. The kind who makes people feel comfortable. He olso did a scan for me. Amazing the baby is 8mm! The only thing we could see is the flickering of a dot, which is the baby's heartbeat.

Lately I have been unpredictable. On my good days I wake up feeling happy and positive. What adds to my beautiful mood is usually when I am able to consume my 3 meals, without any feeling of nausea. I will be a happy preggie.

But past 2 days my mood have been pretty bad. I am sick with sore throat, flu and cough. My body aches, coupled with lost of appetite made me feel so horrid and depress. Thank God today I am much rested and feel on top of the world again, with a tad of joy that the baby is growing healthily inside me.

These days, my social life has been put on hold. I try not to arrange dinner dates with my gal frens cos I am so unpredictable! My diet revolves around porridge, sandwiches, fast food. I find most food smelly. The worst is the smell of Japanese restaurants. I found out that my fav Hock Lam beef noodles too makes me wanna puke. Another smell that irks me is the smell of mixed chinese rice cooking. Yes... can you imagine I cant stand the smell of MIL's cooking every evening. Poor dar has to accompany me to eat out almost every nite. I wonder how long this sickness is gg to last. Doc says the peak of these symptoms is usu 8th - 12th weeks. I hope baby will be good, guai and dont make me feel so uncomfortable. God'll take away such feelings of discomfort, nausea and restore my health and appetite.

The other physical change I have to adjust to is my lethargy daily. My body is tired out easily and everyday, despite sleeping 7 hours at night, and naps in the afternoon if possible, I am still tired. Bedtime can be 9-10pm on weekdays. I cant handle too much activity in a day or I'll feel the tiredness and nausea.

Well, hope this phase will pass soon. Mag told me 2nd trimester is the best time for the preggie. Life goes back to normal. I am really looking forward to the day my morning sickness or rather evening sickness will pass.

No comments: