I have wanted to blog many times... each time I cant get pass the first line before Asher needed attention. SO great. This time finally I can get past my first line.
Cant believe how fast babies grow. I have almost forgotten how Ash used to be when he was a newborn. Time zoomed pass like flash of lighting and Asher has reached his 4mths milestones. He is at this super cute phase now. As can see from the pics, he often smiles (with sparkles in his eyes) when amuse or chuckles excitedly when stimulated. He begins to show interest in things by touching them, or putting things into his mouth and getting himself tangled in things. He is keen to explore things and will turn his head and body(almost 180degrees) to look at things and smiles spontaneously at us when we smile at him. He's a good communicator too! Often babbles non-stop with goos, gagas da, ba.. exclaiming in squeals of delights when playing with us. Such cuteness I cant get enuf of. He's one curious and active boy who loves to talk! I am glad he's having better control of his head now and able to sit up with support for a while. So he doesnt need to lie down all the time. He is able to fall asleep by himself now at night by sucking his fingers or thumb. There are nights where he still need night feeds. And my sleeping pattern is still as erratic.
Went for his 2nd jab and I am so hearten that he's growing very well! 7.1kg at 4mths.Yohoo.... :)
Unbelievable I've done it for 4 straight months relentlessly. Day and night from 2hrly to 3hrly to 4hrly and 5hrly.... My sheer perseverance paid off. Im proud to say he's thriving on my ebm for 4 mths!!! It's no miracle. It's merely sheer determination coupled with hard work.
Though I enjoy being with Asher lots now, there are times when I just needed time-off and just get away, even if just for a few moments to regain sanity. Being a mother has made me a different person. A stronger (haha physically and mentally) woman. There is no more Me-time and my To-do list keeps getting longer. No more night outs with dar or frens. No more strutting down the streets with bags of shoppings. No more chilling out on a weekend at some cafe. The list goes on... I have "abandoned" my previous lifestyle and adopted a new one.
The story of my life now - Feeding, bathing Asher, expressing, taking strolls to supermarket with lil Ash, chilling out at home at my dining table gobbling down snacks and glupping down afternoon tea. Oh well, far from the glamorous mum I wish to be. But I have no more extra strength to deal with other things. I salute all SAHM. They have my utmost respect cos I reckon that is the hardest job on this planet. It requires 24/7 of attention to everyone else except themselves with Zero monetary returns. All in exchange for a healthy and happy child and family. What a noble job.

No comments:
Post a Comment