Our Little Prince

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 10, 2009

"...., I've learned to be content whatever the circumstances." Paul

Contentment must be learned.

I read the papers about the current unemployment situations in the world. Depressing statistics. Fresh grads everywhere find it hard to get a job. Imagine going thru so much education, intelligent and able people but not able to find jobs. In China & the States people are even willing to work for free to prove to their prospective employers that they are able to perform.

Singapore is a blessed nation. God has wonderful plans and purposes for this small yet significant nation.

Instead of berating how tough my job is dealing with sometimes even the most trival admin issues, dealing with colleagues' lousy attitudes, complacency etc etc, perhaps I shld be content that this year I do have a job! I can contribute my work somewhere in society, meet students' needs and fulfill my purposes in life.

Why do I look to other career opportunities when Im in my situation so that I can be the change I want to see. Perhaps it's cos I lack faith and boldness to be who I want to be. And need to be. So Im going to believe God's claims over me. Im the Head and not the tail, above and not beneath. Im going to overcome whatever circumstances cos Jesus has overcame the world!

Everything is possible for him who believes. -- Jesus Christ

So Im learning contentment. To be thankful for my job. Thankful for opportunities to make a difference at where Im.

No comments: